The Montgomery County Health Department’s annual drive-through flu shot clinics begin this week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
The health department will be offering flu shots in:
• Witt from 8:30-10 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 28, in the Witt Lions Club parking lot
• Irving from 10:30 a.m. until noon on Tuesday, Sept. 28, in the Century House parking lot
• Raymond from 8:30-10 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 29, in the Raymond KC Hall parking lot
• Farmersville from 10:30 a.m. until noon on Wednesday, Sept. 29, on South East Street next to City Park
• Fillmore from 8:30-10 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 1, on East Locust Street south of the township building
• Coffeen from 10:30 a.m. until noon on Friday, Oct. 1, in the Coffeen Methodist Church Annex parking lot
Additional drive-through clinics will be scheduled in Donnellson, Panama, Litchfield, Nokomis and Hillsboro.
The cost of a regular adult vaccine is $30, and the cost of the high-dose for ages 65 and over vaccine is $65. The health department accepts cash and checks, and is able to bill insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid and Medicaid MCOs.
Flu shots will also be available at walk-in clinics at the main office on Route 185 in Hillsboro on Mondays and Thursdays between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. beginning Monday, Sept. 27. If special assistance is needed, call 217-532-2001 upon arrival and the shot can be administered in your vehicle.
Businesses who are interested in providing immunizations to a minimum of five employees may contact the health department office at 217-532-2001 to make arrangements for a nurse to come to the business site.
During the flu clinics, the health department will be following CDC and IDPH guidelines. COVID-19 vaccinations will also be available at each clinic.